By Sue Shekut, Owner, Working Well Massage, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Wellness Coach, ACSM Personal Trainer
Hiking in the Chicago area is a relatively safe enterprise as far as bears are concerned. For those of you that plan on venturing out into the wilds anywhere outside Chicago, it’s a good idea to know how to handle yourself if you happen to run into a bear. Or if a bear happens to run into you!
Watch this humorous video on You Tube that teaches you how to deal with a black bear or grizzly encounter. The video star Shannon Davis and Ted the Bear! For more survival videos, visit backpacker.com/survival.
If you have any problems watching the video from this blog, to view the video on You Tub click here.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Hiking the Cool Rock Trail in Delta County, Colorado (backpacking-trips.suite101.com)
- Hibernating bear stars on webcam (cbc.ca)
- Breastfeeding a risk in bear country? (trueslant.com)
- One black bear in a million (trueslant.com)
- Appalachian Trail by Laila Poche (slideshare.net)