When I go to my graduate school classes, I often make note of what my fellow students are noshing on. For some, its fruit smoothies and edamame from a nearby sushi bar. For others, its chips and cookies from vending machines in the school. Others bring french fries and burgers. Most of us are hungry, pressed for time and needing enough nourishment to get us through our classes.
Now there is a blog, specially catering to Chicago college students, that has great tips for staying healthy. Check out Healthy in College Blog for tips on creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle while in college.
In the blog post” The College Breakfast” where the blogger gives student reasonable alternatives at fast food restaurants for breakfast. The Healthy College blogger offers alternative to Breakfast Burrito, Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwich, and cereal. In”How to Stack Your Dorm Fridge: The healthiest and tastiest snacks“, the blogger provides healthier snack food options to the standard potato chips and Cheetos diets many college dorm dwellers munch on.
Like Health in Chicago, the Healthy in College blogger chooses to remain anonymous. But she or he does say that the blog “Healthy In College is for prospective college students, current students,master students and alumni alike who are interested in obtaining and maintaining good health throughout their years in school.”
There haven’t been many posts lately, but I’m particularly found of the most recent post in June 2011, “Getting Your Just Dessert… Healthy Takes on Summertime Treats!” where the post share a recipe for “The Sheet Cake Alternative: Angel Food Berry Cake.”
- Hey Chicago, Get Healthy With the Healthy In Chicago Blog! (workingwellresources.com)
- 7 Ways to Ensure a Healthy College Experience (usnews.com)
- Two Recommended Homework Management iPhone Apps from a College Student (erinboykinsgazette.wordpress.com)
- Mobile Makes its Way into Students’ College Searches, though E-mail Continues to Prevail (prweb.com)
- Know the Facts About College Binge Drinking (usnews.com)
- Speaker on Addiction and Stress Takes Bookings as New-school-year Demands Kick in for College Students (prweb.com)