February is American Heart Month according to the CDC. And now, Elizabeth Banks, (the actress from Definitely, Maybe, Scrubs, 30 Rock, and Role Models, did a pretty attention-grabbing public service announcement. In “Just a Little Heart Attack,” Elizabeth is a multitasking, overworked mother of two getting ready for work, getting the kids ready, and ….having a “little” heart attack. But in a really cute and funny way that only Elizabeth Banks can pull off. I think it’s an effective and clear video that makes a heart attack in a seemingly healthy, thin, middle-aged woman seem very real. Elizabeth personalizes heart disease and packages her heart attack in a scenario many of us can either directly relate to or understand. For a PSA to be effective, it has to keep your interest and make its message simple. Elizabeth’s message seems to be, “take time for yourself, and know the warning signs of a heart attack.” Good advice!
Check out the video and tell me what you think. Is the video helpful, silly, interesting, funny. You be the judge.
Starring and directed by Emmy-nominated actress Elizabeth Banks.
“A little film about a super mom who takes care of everyone except herself” — Elizabeth Banks
Go Red for Women presents: Just a Little Heart Attack.
- Elizabeth Banks Kicks Off National Wear Red Day Event at Macy’s (shoppingblog.com)
- Elizabeth Banks: What Fans Can Expect – and Not Expect – From The Hunger Games! (eonline.com)
- It’s American Heart Month; Do You Know These 4 Warning Signs For Women? (blisstree.com)
- Elizabeth Banks: AHA’s Wear Red Day! – Just Jared (justjared.buzznet.com)
- National Wear Red Day spotlights heart disease in women – CBS News (cbsnews.com)