People ask me, “Sue where did you hear about all these great adventure travel locations?” One way is through my clients of course! Another way is from the Annual Adventure Travel Show that will be at The Donald E Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont this weekend (January 28 and 29).
Tickets are only $15 and the vent is well worth the price of admission. (Only $7 if you book online!)
Here is what you can expect (from their website):
• Interact and comparison shop with hundreds of destination travel experts and tour operators representing thousands of vacation options all under one roof.
• Take advantage of free scuba lessons from a certified diving instructor. Wetsuits, masks, air tanks – even hairdryers – are provided. Visitors 10 and older can dive into the 4-feet-deep, 18,000- gallon scuba pool and even play with an underwater scooter and MP3 Players. Bring your swimsuit and you are ready to go!
• Wake up your senses at the Fiery Foods Stage! Experiencing a destination’s cuisine is a big part of every travel experience you have, so we’ve developed a stage that showcases unique flavors from around the world – with a twist (and a little heat)!
• Photo Clinic–Travel photographer and author Ralph Velasco will be
offering a Photo Clinic at the Calumet Photographic Booth 1006
Saturday, January 28 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Sunday, January 29 11:00am – 12:00pm
He’ll be discussing his best travel gear tips and recommendations for anyone interested in embarking on a trip that has photography at its core. Ralph will also be available for small group and one-on-one questions during this time. Bring your camera!
For more info on parking, directions and more click here.
- Travel show promotes adventure (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- Travel and Adventure shows offer expert help, inspiration (gadling.com)
- How to get ready for your next dive adventure…. (aquasub.wordpress.com)
- How to Choose a Tour Operator for the Inca Trail (anamericangirlintransit.com)
- Why rent dive gear when you can travel light? (twofishdiversblog.wordpress.com)
- Adventurous? (notlostjustweird.com)