By Sue Shekut, Owner, Working Well Massage, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Wellness Coach, ACSM Personal Trainer
Check out this amazingly well designed and useful tablet stand, the Satechi R1 Arm Hinge HolderStand! Only about $49 on Amazon here. This stand allows you to tilt your tablet at a comfortable viewing angle and work hands free.
Satechi R1 is a desktop stand for any 7″ to 10″ tablet. Constructed from solid aluminum, the R1′s supporting grips are finished in rubber to hold your tablet securely in place. It’s compatible with most tablet cases. The R1 will hold your tablet at the right height and angle you determine to be for desktop use – useful for working with a Bluetooth keyboard, watching movies or video conferencing.
- Compatible with 7″ to 10″ tablets:
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer,
Samsung Galaxy Tab,
- Solid aluminum construction with rubber pads that hold surface for your tablet
- Put your tablet in Portrait, Landscape or Flat-Angled orientation, change Height or Angle.
- 270 degree mount hinge, 180 degree base hinge, folds away compactly into its pouch
- Package includes: R1 Stand, pouch, user manual with 1 year warranty
Amazon reviewers say:
Bic: This holder was better than I expected.
Nicely machined aluminum with pads in the right places. Very good industrial design. Stiff enough to hold my Asus Transformer tablet securely in place in any viewing angle, but not so stiff as to make adjusting difficult
Fully deserves 5 stars.
Susan A. Ferraglio: The r1 stand is well built, sturdy yet of moderate size. The included carrying pouch is a nice added touch. I like the stand because it has protective rubber linings at all the contact points for the iPad. There are so many comfortable positions for typing landscape or portrait mode. In a folded position the iPad is close to the table surface for typing at a desk, the stand can be raised so the iPad can be held up for movie viewing or photo slide shows.
I use a Bear Motion leather iPad case (which I love) which I DO NOT have to remove when using the stand, Great convenience !
This stand is versatile because other electronics can be used as well. The iPhone fits nicely. It can held high for more comfort.
I also used my 13″ laptop in it but the joints were not strong enough to hold the laptop up high. It worked well when the stand was closed. The laptop was kept at a comfortable angle for use at a desk.
My only concern is the strength of the joints. They are very tight now. They easily hold up the iPad without moving. Over time they may weaken and I don’t see an easy way to tighten them if needed. Hopefully that will be a long way off. Build quality is very good. The finish is a satin-smooth finish – very even and clean.
I would definitely recommend this stand for its versatility, size and multiple positions.
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 ad debuts: It’s time to Tab (intomobile.com)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Tablet Cases * But Were Afraid to Ask (gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Asus Transformer to beat out all Android tablet competition this month (intomobile.com)
- Samsung commercial pokes fun at iPad 2′s lack of Flash (slashgear.com)
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 ad jabs iPad’s lack of Flash as sales spike (electronista.com)