By Sue Shekut, Owner, Working Well Massage, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Wellness Coach, ACSM Personal Trainer
As you may have realized by now, I am a big promoter of hiking and exercising in the great outdoors. In 2010, technology and nature collide (and I am not taking about the oil spill, that’s a whole other story). Now smart phones like the Android, Blackberry and iPhone allow you to map your hiking and backpacking trails using GPS and geotagging.
How Everytrail Works
- Map a trip route with your phone or GPS
- Add trip photos to your map instantly
- Add maps & photos to your blog or website
- Explore and share in the EveryTrail community
- Free app for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile
Cool Examples of Trails Taken on Every Trail.com
• Hiking the Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim click here.
• Half Moon Bay Coastal trail, CA click here.
• Kayaking Around Pennisula State Park’s pennisula in Door County Wisconsin click here.
• Backpacking North Country Trail, Brule River State Forest, Drummand, WI click here.
• Danada Forest Preserve and Heron Rookery, Wheaton, IL USA click here.
• Busse Woods Bike Trail – Illinois, click here.
• Chicago City Walk vs The Field Museum – Illinois click here.