By Sue Shekut, Owner, Working Well Massage, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Wellness Coach, ACSM Personal Trainer
As Fall unfolds and winter approaches, it’s time to think about giving your home and your family a boost of fresh air, reduced stress and visual beauty. How can you do that? With indoor potted plants.
Some plants are known for their ability to remove harmful chemicals from the air. Overall, plants and nature have shown to reduce stress levels and improve mood. And for most people, plants are visually appealing and give our minds a break from “hard attention,” the kind we use when we read, solve problems at work or focus on a task.
To send a friend or relative a burst of healthy air and the gift of stress reduction, you can send them a Potted Peace Lily Plant (Spathiphyllum) for about $40 (with shipping) from Proflowers here.
In Chicago, you can find locations to buy air cleaning plants here.
Breathe deep and enjoy your indoor plants! They may help keep you from getting cabin fever.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Indoor Plants Could Save Your Life (organicjar.com)
- How to Grow Butter Crunch Lettuce Indoors (gomestic.com)
- Good Indoor Flowering Plants (brighthub.com)
- Remedies for Odor in the Soil of Indoor Plants (brighthub.com)
- Moving pepper plants inside for the winter: Ask OSU Extension (cleveland.com)
- Solar-powered LED light brings natural sunshine to indoor plants (greendiary.com)
- Breathe Cleaner Air With These 7 Houseplants (ecosalon.com)
- The Fall Garden (glenns-garden.com)