By Sue Shekut, Owner, Working Well Massage, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Wellness Coach, ACSM Personal Trainer
Getting fit and staying fit when you have a busy schedule is tough. I sympathize with all my overworked clients, friends and relatives and loyal readers as I work full-time and go to graduate school. But all the evidence points to the importance of regular exercise to help our moods, our minds and our bodies stay healthy and work well. I reviewed some of the articles on the internet about fitting exercise into busy schedules and am providing some of the best below. And, as a way to practice, read the articles as you stand at your computer. For the adventurous, do “squats” as you read. (Sit down, stand up sit down, stand up)
Articles on fitness:
• Staying Fit During Back-To-School Madness from About. Com
• Great tips for those over 40 contemplating starting an exercise program from Berkely Wellness here.
• Check out Technology fitness aid for those that are glued to their computer in Getting Fit the WebWorker Way here.
And more great articles below:
- Tiny Breaks From the Computer Can Battle Weight Gain (blogher.com)
- Hope for the Sedentary: Too Good to be True: The Four-Minute Workout Machine (time.com)
- 10 Great Exercise Ideas for Family Fitness (everydayhealth.com)
- Stay Fit in Your Senior Years (everydayhealth.com)
- Exercise DVDs from Biggest Loser to the Wii: My endless, fruitless quest. (slate.com)
- letting the weekend be the weekend (cathweber.blogspot.com)