By Sue Shekut, Owner, Working Well Massage, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Wellness Coach, ACSM Personal Trainer
What Is the American Dietetic Association (ADA)?
The American Dietetic Association is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. ADA is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. It’s tough to know how to make feed your family and yourself. There is a wealth of conflicting info on line about the best eating and physical activity habits. ADA can help you in your search for answers. Registered dietitians (RDs) are the food and nutrition experts and provide the information on the site. ADA articles and recommendations are based on evidence based practices backed up by research in the field.
I like the ADA site because it’s easy to navigate, has great suggestions and is backed by evidence based practices.
A sample of some of the great info on the ADA’s Eat Right site:
Check it out and see if the ADA site has helpful info for you and your family!
- Does your kitchen need a spring cleaning? (mayoclinic.com)
- Healthy eating and academic performance (schoolfoodtour.org)
- Savvy salad ideas for spring (mayoclinic.com)
- It’s National Nutrition Month! (diabloclinicalresearch.wordpress.com)
- A Nutrition-Packed Week! (foodlovefrenzy.wordpress.com)
- National RD Day! (nutrifocusrd.wordpress.com)