This next week, the Rooted Center in Wicker Park, located at 2221 W North Avenue, # 1W, is holding their first membership drive. Drop in this week to express yourself through visual art, movement, drama, creative writing, expressive writing and/or music all week…for free!
And every Sunday from 1-2:30pm, Rooted offers free self-care playshops! Register here to participate in a free Self-Care in the city Playshop.
What is the Rooted Experience?
When I met Rooted’s founder/facilitator, Shruti Sekhri, last week, she noted that Rooted does not provide therapy, but facilitates a way for people to experience connection through creative expression in a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere. She calls her center, “A gym for the emotions.” The website calls the Rooted Center, “A gym for the emotions where Creative Arts are the weights.”
You do not need to be an artist, musician or writer to join or drop in to the Rooted Center. The purpose of creating at Rooted is not to produce a piece or art of music, or movement, but to experience the process.
Who May Benefit from the Rooted Center?
According to the Rooted Center’s website, people who may benefit from the Rooted experience include those:
- Wanting to take care of your soul and emotional well-being so you can rejuvenate and create personal resilience
- Feeling stressed out from work-life off-balance or difficult events in life
- Going through a transition in your life (e.g. relationship changes, new to the city, new parent)
- Feeling creatively stuck or just in a rut and looking to explore new ways to get more out of life
- Looking to find your path in life – to figure out what you are passionate about
- Seeking genuine connection and wanting to be part of a community
Rooted schedule and sign up info here.
Try out Rooted next week and then let us know what you thought of your experience in the comments below!